get the skills to become a medical assisting professional
10-month* professional medical clinical assistant training program
medical clinical assistants have a direct impact on the care and wellbeing of others, and also to help keep the offices of physicians, podiatrists, chiropractors, and other health practitioners running smoothly. as a student in this program, you will learn a broad range of skills necessary to enter the healthcare industry as a medical assisting professional.
you will also receive hands-on training during your clinical externship in a medical facility, where you will complete various administrative and clinical competencies while using the professionalism skills learned in the classroom.
this program is currently offered at our beckley, cleveland, and martinsburg campuses.
- jan 4thmedical clinical assistant (mca) valley college (beckley, wv campus) 120 new river town center, suite c beckley wv united states 25801 as a medical clinical assistant, you will provide support to patients, nurses, and physicians in healthcare facilities. you will receive hands-on training during your clinical externship to excel in your future career!//www.uptowntulsa.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/09/dsc09001.jpgvalley college
- jan 4thmedical clinical assistant (mca) valley college (martinsburg, wv campus) 287 aikens center martinsburg wv united states 25404 as a medical clinical assistant, you will provide support to patients, nurses, and physicians in healthcare facilities. you will receive hands-on training during your clinical externship to excel in your future career!//www.uptowntulsa.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/09/dsc09001.jpgvalley college
- jan 4thmedical clinical assistant (mca) valley college (cleveland, oh campus) 8700 brookpark road cleveland oh united states 44129 as a medical clinical assistant, you will provide support to patients, nurses, and physicians in healthcare facilities. you will receive hands-on training during your clinical externship to excel in your future career!//www.uptowntulsa.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/09/dsc09001.jpgvalley college
become a skilled medical clinical assistant
the medical clinical assistant training program provides the skills and learning it takes to become a qualified healthcare professional. graduates of this program are prepared to work in a variety of interesting medical environments including hospitals, clinics, physicians’ offices, and home health care.
using a blend of hands-on training, practical experience, and guidance from real healthcare professionals, this program allows you to pursue a rewarding medical position, without spending years in school.
you will learn:
- front office duties
- medical terminology
- computer applications
- basic medical office procedures
- Anatomy & Physiology
- medical records management
plus, you’ll receive practical instruction in pharmacology and phlebotomy (drawing blood).
is a career as a medical assistant right for you? take the valley college "medical career training readiness quiz"
this fun, online quiz takes 3-minutes to complete and you’ll get a personalized report. identify your strengths and social style plus the training and positions you’re best suited for. get your medical career training readiness score now!
real-world experience – professional clinical externship
medical assisting is a hands-on job. there’s no better way to learn than by actually working side-by-side with doctors and other medical professionals in a real healthcare setting.
as a student in this program, you have the opportunity to complete a supervised clinical externship. externships are an excellent way to get a feel for your new career, gain real-world job experience and make valuable industry contacts before you graduate.
if i could give one piece of advice to someone considering valley, it would be "do it!" valley college is the place to go. they will make sure you succeed.
upon successful completion of this program, you may pursue the following positions:
- medical/clinical assistant
- front office assistant
- medical office assistant/specialist
- medical reception/receptionist
- executive assistant and medical secretary
- patient care technician
- patient registration/service representative
nationally recognized certification
valley college is an approved testing site for nha (national healthcareer association) certifications.
as a graduate of the medical clinical assistant program, you may choose to enhance your credentials by taking the ccma certification exam (certified clinical medical assistant). this is a nationally recognized certification that adds value to your resume and helps you show employers you have what they’re looking for.
building your career as a medical assisting professional
in addition to gaining the practical skills required to become a medical assisting professional, you’ll also receive career development guidance so you can make the most of your training and feel fully prepared to make the transition from student to working professional.
is a rewarding career in medical assisting right for you? get more info…
if you’re interested in learning more about careers in medical clinical administration and exploring whether valley college is right for you, fill out the form on this page to receive more information.
for immediate questions, call your nearest valley college location today.
*program length when completed in normal time